WHAT IS NANO FAT GRAFTING? AND IT COULD BE YOUR FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH?
Fat transfer procedures have been gaining in popularity in recent years, with more and more patients opting to use their own fat to smooth lines on the face, enhance their buttocks, or refine breast augmentation results.
Nanofat is emulsified (liquefied) and filtered fat. The fat cells have been crushed and filtered out and what remains is a liquid that contains a high concentration of mesenchymal stem cells “SVF”, which can be extremely beneficial in boosting your body’s regenerative functions. Additionally, growth factors can also be used to regulate stem cell functions to boost cell turnover and rejuvenation.
When the collected fatty tissue is processed into these valuable forms, it can produce some of the most rejuvenating results possible with minimally invasive techniques.
Nanofat grafts have shown remarkable improvements in skin quality six months after the procedure (injection of Nanofat superficially in the dermis and sub dermis; superficial skin layers).
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF NANOFAT?
- Very long-lasting effect up to 3 years
- A completely natural material.
- Day procedure, minimal discomfort, and a short recovery.
- Minimally invasive, with a low risk of complications.
- Small scars at the donor site (the area from where fat is harvested) and no additional scars at the recipient site.
- Improvement at both the recipient site and the area where fat is harvested.
IS NANO FAT GRAFTING SAFE?
When performed by an experienced surgeon like Dr Assassa, nano fat grafting is very safe. In fact, it’s becoming an increasingly popular alternative to dermal fillers because the treatment is 100% biocompatible with your body, which eliminates the risk of your body rejecting the injected material or having an allergic reaction.
There are some risks with any procedure that involves breaking the skin—and it’s crucial to follow your surgeon’s aftercare instructions to avoid infection at the injection site. In fact, nano fat grafting can often provide greater results than fillers, with patients reporting additional benefits including improved overall skin quality and lightening of skin discolorations.
HOW CAN NANO FAT GRAFTING HELP ME?
Nano fat grafting can be used similarly to fillers to treat the following areas
- FACE – improving eye bags and dark circles, frown lines, forehead lines, crows feet
- DARK CIRCLES — Nanofat transfer can be used to treat the color associated with dark circles. Nanofat injections thicken the dermis and create a protective layer between the thin skin around the eyelids and the capillaries below. The transparency effect disappears as the fat cells create a coating between the skin and the underlying structures. The color of the dark circle is corrected and the sunken under-eye circle is greatly improved.
- LIPS – nonsurgical lips enhancement, lips lines in the mouth area (wrinkle injection)
- NECK – crepey skin of the neck area.
- BREAST (stretch marks)
- BUTTOCKS (stretch marks)
- SKIN REJUVENATION – where fine lines and thinning of the skin are detectable, Nanofat is an excellent alternative to traditional treatments with dermal filler or implants
- STRETCH MARKS
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR NANO FAT GRAFTING?
Because nano fat grafting requires such a small amount of fat, we’ve found that most of our patients have enough to harvest—even naturally thin patients. During your consultation with Dr. Assassa, he will listen to your concerns and examine potential harvest areas to determine if nano fat grafting is suitable for you.
Barring that, those interested in this procedure need to be in general good health and a non-smoker (or willing to abstain before and after your procedure).
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST AFTER NANO FAT GRAFTING?
While it is normal for some of the grafted fat to be metabolized by your body, you should notice an immediate improvement that can last for several years.
WHAT TO EXPECT AND DO DURING THE RECOVERY PERIOD AFTER NANOFAT INJECTION:
- Bruising and swelling in the harvested area (donor site)…
- As a stand-alone procedure, a Nanofat injection causes hardly any swelling, bruising or discomfort
- Downtime can be two to three days.
Nanofat requires very little downtime, although you can expect some bruising and swelling at your donor site. You may be required to wear a compression garment to aid healing, but you can generally return to your regular activity level within three days. Most clients see results with Nanofat for the long term, making Nanofat an extremely worthwhile alternative to filler treatments.
The Process Nanofat
Varies: Bruising and Swelling 3-7 days
Varies 1-2 Years
BEFORE & AFTER