A gummy smile is when one smiles, the lip rests high on the gums. Usually, we expect to see only the pinkish (gingiva) little “triangles” between the teeth to show in a smile. A typical or “ideal” smile exposes generally no more than 2 millimeters of upper gum tissues, whereas a “gummy” smile may show 3 millimeters or more of upper gum tissues. People with a “gummy” smile may feel their teeth are smaller than normal, may be reluctant to smile, or even self-conscious about their smile. However, a “gummy” smile can be improved through Botox® treatment.
HOW DOES BOTOX® WORK FOR A GUMMY SMILE
A gummy smile can easily and effectively be treated with Botox®. The best part of this treatment is that it is not invasive, and it is a quick procedure! Botox® has botulinum toxin type A, and when injected, it can relax the muscles in the upper lip and limit the rise of the upper lip when smiling, so the gums will remain covered. The treatment is incredibly effective, and the results usually last 3 months
BENEFITS OF TREATING A GUMMY SMILE WITH BOTOX® (OVER OTHER CARE TO TREAT THIS CONDITION)
Here are some benefits of treating a gummy smile with Botox®:
- Botox® injections cause little discomfort and less so with repeat care.
- Recovery is immediate as soon as the procedure is finished.
- Botox® is cost-effective as compared to surgical and other treatment options.
- Results are natural and quick.
- Injections can be adjusted depending on the results required.
The Process Botox® For Gummy Smile
Varies: Minimal Bruising