Tips for a Glowing You!
It’s summer time, and everyone around wants that healthy, sun-kissed glow that we all admire. It’s funny how the world has changed. A few decades ago, porcelain skin was greatly admired, and now a person with porcelain skin might very well be called a bit pasty! That being said, in this day and age where the ozone is taking a hit, we need to make sure to protect our skin, and get that glow without spending hours in the sun or having our skin look like shoe leather!
- Drink WATER! – It’s a no brainer! Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate you, water helps hydrate you. Hydrated skin is plump and dewy, which helps produce that wonderful glow that we all so admire.
- Wash Your Face — Again, another no brainer. Make sure that you use a gentle cleanser on your skin and follow it up with a moisturizer. And YES, this means men too.
- Sleep – Yes, we all need sleep to restore not only our moods but our bodies, and this includes our faces. A well rested person will have a healthy feel and look to their skin while a person who is lacking sleep will look tired, drawn and their skin will have an older look. Somehow this does not apply to new mothers! Even though they top this list for sleep deprivation, those hormones and new baby glow must be the cause, because the always look dewy and fresh!
- Hair – Have you ever noticed that people who wear their hair in their faces tend to have a little more of an issue with breakouts and dull skin? This is because your hair acts as a mop picking up oil, dust and dandruff from your scalp and environment, and when it hangs in your face this all gets brushed up against your face.
- Moisturize and Use Sun Block – Day and night! And don’t forget to put sun block on your face when you go out! How, you might ask, are you supposed to get a sun-kissed glow if you are always wearing sun block? Well, your face, arms and hands are exposed to the environment 24 hours a day, and you don’t always wear sun block. It’s good to get some sun, especially for Vitamin D, but when you are going to be outdoors for more than 15 minutes you should definitely slather on the sun block!
- Treat Yourself! – But only every once in a while. Every two months is more than enough for a regular facial. And once a year is plenty for a chemical peel. Beverly Hills Aesthetics offers their Red Carpet Peel, which uses a unique blend of active cosmoceutical ingredients to create one of the safest 15-minute chemical peels in Los Angeles designed specifically to improve the texture of your face. By removing damaged outer layers the peel helps to restore you to a healthy sun- kissed glow!
Quote of the day:
“The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavor — property, outward success, luxury — have always seemed to me contemptible.” – Albert Einstein